Re: [Nautilus-list] nautilus and ximian

Jens Ansorg wrote:

> On 14 Feb 2001 13:00:47 -0800, Seth Nickell wrote:
> > Of course the line is somewhat hard to draw, but Nautilus isn't exactly
> > an application. It is the filemanager and desktop for the GNOME
> > environment starting with the soon-to-be-released GNOME 1.4. As such our
>
> Now, that's a point I'm wondering about.
>
> I tried the latest Nautilus preview and even some more recent snapshots.
> I did't entirely like what I got. I still prefer using GMC for Desktop
> file managing.
>
> WIll the GMC still be in (Ximian-) Gnome 1.4?

I have to add that nautilus does some more work than gmc, but if you
turn off
the extra options to make it gmc like, the perfomance of nautilus is
lower,
and it consumes more resources. I'm also including medusa here... it
takes a lot
of disk space, time and trashes my system while running, I always kill
it.

Perhaps it is thinking with dual P4 1,5Ghz in mind...

Anyway the image preview is cool :).

--
Manuel Clos,
llanero jazzfree com

use what's best for you. Don't use what you feel you "have" to.