Re: [Nautilus-list] oafd problems

Le mar, 09 jan 2001 15:06:52, Ramiro Estrugo a écrit :
> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >  Do anyone had any luck with the hourly rpm buils this year
> > ? I've tried 5-6 of them and all run-nautilus do is launch
> > an oafd which takes all available cpu and remains stuck.
> >
> >  I'd really hate to do such a vague bug repport if this is a
> > known problem (I think to remember there were some changes
> > in the way nautilus was build during this period).
> >
> > Sys : up-to-date rawhide
> > Kernel : 2.4.0-ac2 (worked with 2.4.0-pre* before, no rason it shouldn't work on this one)
> >
> >         Regards
> >
> > --
> > Nicolas
> >

> Are you saying that you DID NOT have the problem when you used
> 2.4.0-pre* but you DO have the problem when you use 2.4.0-ac2 ?

No (sorry for the bad english).

I had a working nautilus config around mid-december. Since
then I've updated the distrib, the kernel and Nautilus and
it won't work anymore (nautilus before the kernel and it
broke then so I don't think that's a kernel problem).

Since I can't find a link to the nautilus hourly build I've
known to work, I can't be sure it's a nautilus problem, but
everything else is working perfectly so I do suspect it is.

> In any case, i think you need to debug the problem.  Try running oaf in
> the debugger and see where its spinning chwing up cpu.  You can then use
> that information in your bug report.

I no one else have a simple suggestion, I think I' try this. Thanks.

> Did you try the "run nautilus-clean.sh -x three times in a row" voodoo ?

Of course I did. It's one of my favorite commands these days:(((.

--
Nicolas