Re: [Nautilus-list] trash search

On Thursday, July 26, 2001, at 09:50  AM, Havoc Pennington wrote:

The simple solution is:
 - use the home directory for all directories on the same device
   as the home directory
 - if we can write to the top of a mount point, put trash there
   (this does preserve the permissions/ACLs issue though)
 - otherwise give up

This is what I've hacked up for now, it basically involves a couple
#if 0 in file-method.c. I'd love advice on a better solution, but I
think scanning 5 or even 1 level deep for a writeable directory is
simply not feasible - it is too expensive and raises too many hard
issues, and hoses the machine too badly on first login.

What are people's feelings on this?

It sounds OK to me. I'm not sure what the benefits are for the current more-complex trash implementation. Do you know of cases that the current implementation would handle better?

    -- Darin