Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: Darin doesn't work effectively with Yoann?

Ian McKellar <yakk-nautilus yakk net au> writes:

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 02:13:19PM +0300, David Tabachnikov wrote:
> > I have to agree with Yoann on this one - credit, is the only motivation
> > one has in free software. Many hackers hack, only to get their name in
> > the ChangeLog (and maybe the About box). To do almost anything, a person
> > needs motivation. "Making somebody's software better" doesn't always
> > work.
>
> I personally have little interest in working with people who're only
> interested in credit. If you want to be famous then you should kidnap a
> celebrity or sue a fast food chain. If you like writing code and want to
> make computers better for users then you should hack on Free Software.

It's nice to be acknowledged for your work.  It's even nicer when
Nautilus does something I want it to do that it didn't do before (which
is the source of my few patches.)  I don't see any conflict here.  I bet
everyone on this list knows how much work Yoann is putting into
Nautilus...

Thanks,
-Jonathan