Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus Goals

Adam Zolkover wrote:

Who are you and why don't you show a little bit of respect.  One of the
reasons that I'm on this list is because it's mostly constructive
criticism on topic.  I like that and I want to participate in it.  This
is off topic and flame bait.  So could you tone it down just a little
bit?  Thanks a lot.

It is flame bait to say that it is slow? HELLO . . . . It is off topic to want to improve it? WTF are you on?

I was requested to give a speed comparison of nautilus and Konqueror. I did so, and Konqueror whipped nautilus's ass quite handily. I was then told that my numbers didn't matter because the version in development was faster. Well, I am terribly sorry, but THE LATEST AVAILABLE VERSION is dog slow. What version do you think that 98% of all the nautilus users are using? Do you think they update cvs nightly?

Here's a recap of the discussion.

me:  Nautilus needs to be faster.  Konqueror is much faster.
seth:  Please give more information.
me:  (provides a chart of speed comparisons and machine specs)
Gaute Lindkvist: Well the unreleased 1.0.4 is faster, so those numbers are invalid + "I hate HTML rant"
several other people:  off topic html argument.
me: It is only fair to compare released versions + "I'm sorry, but HTML makes tables work"

So where's the flame? What is the harm in reminding developers that flashy and pretty might be nice but nobody will use it if it's this slow? Where is the disrespect?

Here's some disrespect: Pull your head out of your ass and realize that NAUTILUS IS SLOW and won't get faster if nobody cares.

It would be flamebait if I had said that Nautilus reminds me of molasses in winter, panders to a dumbass, and has a silly useless interface that belongs on a windows or mac machine. It would be flamebait if I said that I don't use it, and actively discourage others from using it. It would be flamebait if I said that Nautilus discouraged users from having an IQ over 2.

That is flamebait. Saying it needs to be faster, and it can be done because Konqueror does it is not flamebait.

Why don't you show a little respect for a bug report?

-b

--
:    __o
:   -\<,