Re: [Nautilus-list] desktop background isn't nautilus business

On 28 Jun 2001 12:53:59 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Marius may instead mean the following though: we have the usual
> defaults-hardcoded-in-apps problem for the default background.
> Nautilus is out-of-sync with
> background-properties-capplet. i.e. Nautilus defaults to brushed metal
> and the capplet to something else.
Thanks Havoc for translating my thoughts in english! :)

> The capplet won't actually ever _set_ the defaults, so if you have
> never changed your background and run Nautilus, you will get the new
> Nautilus background instead of the one you had previously.
right.
Initially I got mad I've lost my background after installing nautilus,
and disbled Natilus handling of desktop background, but discovered
the actual behavior when I've installed Linux+gnome 1.4 to a newbie
and then logged for the first time, changed background and it worked.

--
Marius Andreiana