Re: [Nautilus-list] Problem viewing web pages - help

Thanks - I've done exactly as you described and I get out from nautilus-mozilla-content-view as follows:

nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(/usr/local/mozilla/components/libjsloader.so) Load FAILED with error: undefined symbol: GetImplementationFlags__C24nsPrivateSharableCString
nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(/usr/local/mozilla/components/libstrres.so) Load FAILED with error: undefined symbol:
GetImplementationFlags__C23nsPrivateSharableString
nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(/usr/local/mozilla/components/libchrome.so) Load FAILED with error: undefined symbol:
GetImplementationFlags__C24nsPrivateSharableCString
nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(/usr/local/mozilla/components/libwidget_gtk.so) Load FAILED with error: undefined symbol: GetImplementationFlags__C23nsPrivateSharableString

...and eventually crashes.

This means to me that the mozilla settings are being taken from ~/.mozilla (of course) which for me has been setup by a second version of mozilla 0.9.1 i have in /usr/local/mozilla. This is causing incompatabilities - and I suppose should have been obvious to me...
oops.

Questions:
(1) Is there a way to make nautilus use mozilla 0.9.1 in /usr/local/mozilla (without compiling)? (2) **or** Am I safe installing the mozilla 0.9.1 RPMs from mozilla.org over the ximian stuff, or is 0.8.1 absolutely required? (3) **or** Are there alternative RPMs which work better than the mozilla.org ones and are 0.9.1 (or newer)?
(4) **or** Other ideas?

Mozilla 0.9.1 is by far more stable than 0.8.x and I'm really needing to

stick with it for my mail client.

Many thanks in advance...

Alex

Ramiro Estrugo wrote:

You setup sounds like a valid one and the Web Page view should work.

Can you try this:

nautilus --quit (if nautilus is running)
nautilus-clean.sh -x
nautilus

Now in another terminal:
nautilus-mozilla-content-view

Now in the nautilus location bar, key in a web url.

Does the nautilus-mozilla-content-view process spew any intersting info
?

-re

Alex Aalto wrote:

When I try to view any web page with Nautilus 1.0.3, I get the following
output on my console:

** WARNING **: A view failed. The UI will handle this with a dialog but
this should be debugged.

...as well as a popup box telling me:

The Web Page view encountered an error and can't continue.  You can
choose another view or go to a different location.

I currently have the following RPMs installed:

nautilus-mozilla-1.0.3-ximian.2
nautilus-1.0.3-ximian.2
mozilla-psm-0.8.1-ximian.13
mozilla-mail-0.8.1-ximian.13
mozilla-xmlterm-0.8.1-ximian.13
mozilla-chatzilla-0.8.1-ximian.13

Are all these the correct versions or should I "rpm -U" something?
...does anybody know of any other reasons this may be happening or is
having the same problem?  I'm loving nautilus and am dearly missing this
functionality...

Thanks in advance!

Alex

--
Alex Aalto

--
Alex Aalto
Software Engineer

604.801.5758 ext. 237 6th floor 576 Seymour Street
Vancouver BC V6B 3K1

TELUS Enterprise Solutions
the future is friendly

0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1