Re: [Nautilus-list] what's happening to Nautilus, other packages (Eazel)

This is a sad day for all of us working, helping, evangelizing or even
using Nautilus. But it's a good news that all those talented people that
worked at Eazel will be around. Nautilus' future looks bright.

Em 15 May 2001 16:33:14 -0700, Darin Adler escreveu:

>       ammonite -- The main purpose of this library is to support Eazel
> Services. The maintainer, Mike Fleming <mikef praxis etla net>, may want
> to keep it going, but I think it's more likely that he'll retire it soon.
>
>       trilobite -- The main purpose of this library is to support Eazel
> Services. The maintainer, Eskil Heyn Olsen <eskil olsen sol dk> may want
> to keep it going. There's some good package management stuff in here,
> including the Nautilus package view, but I think it's more likely that he'
> ll retire it soon.

It's a real pity - Eazel Services was an interesting idea. Hope that
ammonite and trilobite won't be retired; maybe the distros into those
services business (RedHat? Progeny?) can use it.

>       tinderbox -- Having a Tinderbox for Nautilus and the packages it uses
> has been really great during the development of Nautilus 0.1 through 1.0.3.
>   One of the best parts for Nautilus testing was the availability of
> "hourly" builds in both source form and RPM packages. Ian was even working
> on making "hourly" builds in Debian package format too. Robin Slomkowski
> <robin slomkowski net> is willing to work with other GNOME hackers to get
> one set up. He knows a lot about making both the Tinderbox server itself
> and the build machines work smoothly. You might want to send him mail if
> you are willing to work with him.

Why not extending the tinderbox idea to the whole GNOME?
This should be integrated with GNOME Packaging Project, IMHO, to produce
builds, maybe other-day builds, or even daily.

--
---
Cesar Cardoso - cesarcardoso ig com br - ICQ 32237133