Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: [gnome-love] GNOME user environment - Nautilus web browsing

Em 25 May 2001 11:35:05 +0800, Ian McKellar escreveu:
> On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 01:58:46PM -0400, Kevin Vandersloot wrote:
> > That is what I meant when I said "Someone did that not too long ago and
> > it really made browsing local html pages a lot faster". Sorry if I
> > sounded like I was whining. I meant it as a suggestion that Nautilus use
> > nautilus-gtkhtml by default instead of the mozilla component.
>
> I'm sorry - I didn't read your post in its entirity. I suck. The main reasons
> this wasn't done are:
>  a) Nautilus-gtkhtml isn't complete (there are somethings that don't work
>     right)
>  b) Mozilla is a technically better renderer than GtkHtml - by a long shot.
>  c) We didn't want to have another unstable external dependancy for Nautilus.
>
> Given that the number of active Nautilus developers has dropped off drasticly,
> perhaps moving to GtkHTML is a good idea. I think my component is more
> easilly maintainable than the current mozilla view.

The problem is that (a) Mozilla is in a usable state now (b) gtkhtml
isn't quite of stable/good/dependable.

I really hope that nautilus-gtkhtml will help gtkhtml to be a better
component.

(yakk, you promised a nautilus-gtkhtml package for a-bit-less-than-brave
people to test... where's it? :-)

- Cesar aka playmobil