Re: Thankyou.

Been shadowing this list for awhile

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 04:10, bordoley msu edu wrote:

> > 2.\  Have another button on the toolbar called search.  This is one
> > feature that I find very difficult to get along without.  Just about
> > every file manager that I know of has the ability to search for, and in
> > files.  I would like to have the search in the sidebar beacause that way
> > I can see the files on the right and my search still in the sidbar.
>
> I completely agree with this. I would really like to see search reintegrated
> into nautilus instead of having a seperate tool as we currently do. I think
> an ex-eazel employee is hacking on medusa and trying to get it to work with
> gnome2 and nautilus. perhaps we will see this functionality readded in the
> future.

Couldn't the search button this person is looking for be implemented in
a much easier fashion by simply having the search button launch the
Gnome Search Tool starting in whatever folder the user is in at the
moment.

A nautilus script could do this by first cd'ing into the dir and then
launching the gnome-search-tool.  Why the gnome-search-tool does not
take a directory path on the command line is beyond me but anyway.
However, a nautilus script is not as nice as having a button staring the
user literally in the face.

--
Johnathan Bailes	BAE Systems ESI

 "UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because
 that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn
---