Re: HTML View and Samba browsing

mike wrote:

On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 22:30, Chris Dimitriou wrote:
Howdy. I'm using a Slackware 8.1 distro, and I'm experiencing some problems with Nautilus. Here are the version numbers of the packages I believe to be relevant:

gnome-vfs-1.0.5
nautilus-1.0.6
galeon-1.2.5
gtkhtml-1.0.2
samba-2.2.4
mozilla-1.0

These are all packages as included in the slackware 8.1 distro - I haven't changed any of them.

My first problem involves the Nautilus HTML view. Whenever I try to use it, Galeon will crash, and I get a dialog that says:

The Web Page (Galeon) view encountered an error while starting up

The console gives me the message:

** WARNING **: A view failed. The UI will handle this with a dialog but this should be debugged.

No other information is forthcoming, and I'm not skilled at running debuggers, so I'm afraid I can't be much more helpful than that. The really aggravating thing is that it did work at one point, and I'm not sure what I changed to break it. And now I can't get at the Nautilus help subsystem.

does galeon run standalone?
to get nautilus help running install nautilus-gtkhtml package

Galeon works fine standalone. I can't find a nautilus-gtkhtml package anywhere. Is this the same as the gtkhtml package I have installed?

I'm going to reinstall my distro and vape my ~/.gnome* directories to see if that will fix the problem, unless I have a breakthrough soon.