Re: Nautilus usability and nit-picks

On Thu, 2002-08-22 at 20:02, Carlos 'Fjrb' Almeida wrote:
> > I don't think we should.  In unix, volumes are below the filesystem
> > abstraction -- volumes aren't supposed to be user-visible.

[zap]

> Completely agreed.
>
> Perhaps Move should be the default, and copy available in context as
> optional. Obvious exceptions are detachable devices like Cd-Roms,
> floppies, etc ...

I agree too. Maybe the distinction should be between "local disk" and
"remote and removable filesystems" (NFS, SMB, ftp, DAV etc) - copy to
those, move to local disk by default? The only problem with moving
indeed is that if you move to a remote disk you might want to keep a
copy, so perhaps default to "copy" for that reason on remote
filesystems.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::