Re: [Nautilus-list] performance and usability

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 01:53:02PM -0500, James Mitchell Allmond wrote:
> If the Nautilus developers do not wish to have their
> product criticized, don't have it as the primary file browser of gnome.

You seem to have missed a central point, which I and several others have made,
so let me say it again, as if repeating it will somehow help you get it:

Your criticisms were vague to the point of uselessness. When asked to be more
specific, you have not, instead resorting to an ad hominem attack (the crap
about Eazel and hype, which should not be dignified with further discussion
and begs an apology) and straw man arguments (the crap about people saying
it's superior to anything from MS or Apple, which none of us have ever said
that I'm aware of).

Again, if you want to provide productive criticism, as you say you do, be more
specific about the bells and whistles that are hurting performance. Be more
specific about the navigational difficulties you find.

My experience with this project, time and time again, is that helpful
criticism is embraced. You have not yet offered any.

Cheers,

John