Re: [Usability]GNOME 2.0 feedback

> Message: 8
> Subject: Re: [Usability]GNOME 2.0 feedback
> From: Ben FrantzDale <bfrantzdale hmc edu>
> To: nautilus-list gnome org
> Date: 23 Jul 2002 11:13:54 -0700
A detailed problem description was skipped.
> I'm not sure what you are saying here. What functionality do you see
> missing from the pager?
The little arrow on the left side of the pager that brings up a list of
open windows and lets to switch between them. BioChem333 used it instead
of taskbar to avoid excessive desktop clutter. The point is that certain
small features are gone due to "usability" work which is likely to make
Gnome unusable (See some other letters for exact problem reports).

Sorry for potentially flame inducing letter, but I'm worried about
possible degradation of Gnome and turning it into an uncastomizable and
dumb _toy_ desktop. I have had enough with Nautilus 1.0.6 mounting
behaviour that made me remove Nautilus. I don't know about current 2.x
version yet.