Re: [Usability]GNOME 2.0 feedback

χΡήΕΣΜΑΧ  δΙΛΟΞΟΧ <linuxbox degunino net> said:

> The little arrow on the left side of the pager that brings up a list of
> open windows and lets to switch between them. BioChem333 used it instead
> of taskbar to avoid excessive desktop clutter. The point is that certain
> small features are gone due to "usability" work which is likely to make
> Gnome unusable (See some other letters for exact problem reports).

for the workspace switcher, this feature is really not appropriate. however I
have filed a bug for an applet to provide such functionality similar to the
one use in the menu panel. Hopefully this will be implemented once the menu
panel is dropped in favor of the menubar applet.

> Sorry for potentially flame inducing letter, but I'm worried about
> possible degradation of Gnome and turning it into an uncastomizable and
> dumb _toy_ desktop. I have had enough with Nautilus 1.0.6 mounting
> behaviour that made me remove Nautilus. I don't know about current 2.x
> version yet.

Just cuz I΄m curious what do you not like about nautilus mounting behavior.

Also in general users want features not options. we should aim to implement
features and add preferences only when they are truly appropriate.

dave