Re: Add Network Neighborhood to Nautilus

zhangyun wrote:

>I just want to make Nautilus more easy to use, just as Windows Explorer, because you know,
>not many people knows how to use a SMB url to find the network neighbourhood.
>
>I want to complete the following things:
>
>1.Search the whole net and find the domains and computers in the network when nautilus startup
>2.make the user can select computer just as they are in Windows, that is, click domain, click computer, click share directory, just as they do for usual files
>3.if the network neighbourhood need a password, popup a dialog to type the password
>4.find a better way than Windows to deal with file share in network
>
>In gereral, I want to make the function as easy to use as for Windows Explorer, not just the SMB url typed in nautilus.
>
>For other kind of net, I am not familiar with them, and can leave to others.
>
>How do you think about my idea?

I love this idea. Dont think that I'll be able to code much for it, but
I sure would like to use it (and bug test).

Extra ideas:
When you find a shared directory after browsing the network, it would be
good to have an option to mount it somewhere and remember that setting,
so next time I log on the network it will be already mounted.

Damien