Re: Doubleclick feedback on desktop and document app launch

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 03:27, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> I guess you will be happy to hear that nautilus 2.3 hass full
> application startup notification integration. All that is needed is to
> make sure all apps that handle startup notification have this listed in
> the gnome-vfs mime data.

I listed some apps as startup_notify=true in the application-info file
in my home dir and it works very well.  Thanks!!

The only thing that it does not appear to do is offer feedback on folder
or other nautilus items like the trash icon from the desktop.  I have a
laptop with only 128MB of memory for example so it takes a bit of time
to launch into the folders or other nautilus icons.  If you click on a
folder or something like that in a current nautilus window the spinner
starts so you know that you doubleclicked.  However, from the folder you
have no spinner and get no feedback.  Is there a current way to get
launch feedback on these items or is it even needed?

Just asking for developers opinion before I enter a feature request.

--
Johnathan Bailes <johnathan bailes esi baesystems com>