Re: Nautilus Burn

On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 17:42, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > could that have something to
> > do with the grsecurity patch I have enabled in my kernel?
>
> Thats quite possible.

Confirmed. The "medium" level of Grsecurity interferes with
nautilus-cd-burner because of restrictions in /proc. Even though the
help in the kernel configuration says for medium, "These features
provide even more security to your system, though in rare cases they may
be incompatible with very old or poorly written software." :)

The reason why I had stuff in /proc belonging to group uucp was that
Grsecurity does "/proc restrictions with special gid set to 10 (usually
wheel)" -- just that in Debian, gid 10 is uucp.

Now it works fine.

Regards, Mario