retrieving passwords for login purposes

Hello,

Thanks for the previous help.

In my organization the need has come up to work around many apps'
limitations regarding the SMB filesystem -- while VFS apps will open
documents transparently over SMB filesystems others such as OpenOffice
won't. Therefore I'm working on a Nautilus 2.4 patch to address that
point.

Would the Nautilus community be interested to integrate such a patch?

Anyway, I've already altered Nautilus and created a wrapper to mount the
filesystem temporarily and launch the file from there. However, it
suffers in the cases where the SMB share is password protected. The user
will type a login and a password when he first loads that share and I
now need to retrieve the login/pass to pass on to smbmount, and so far
I'm not being able to locate the source for doing that.

I'd be very thankful if you could point out how to retrieve the
user/pass for a specified SMB share.

Thanks.

Cristovao.