Re: [Usability]Nautilus toolbar simplification

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 21:25, Alan wrote:
> > There is a discussion about it on Bugzilla. I can't find it back though
> > :( In this discussion, I also asked for the removing of the "location"
> > field.
>
> Why?  That's the one thing that should definatly stay IMHO.  If I want
> to go to /foo/bar/baz/qux/some/long/directory/path it's probably a lot
> faster to type it

But is that an issue with the location bar or with nautilus's speed?

The location bar is probably going to be hidden by default in 2.4 so we
need to look at _why_ you find it faster to use it, and maybe improve
or speed up nautilus to make this redundant.

--
                 .--= [ MArk Finlay - sisob ] =--.

        [ Gnome User's Board : www.gnomesupport.org/forums ]
    [ Public Key: http://evolvedoo.sf.net/sisobatericomdotnet.asc  ]