Re: Icons during dragging (should have text part IMHO)

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:31:46 -0400
Todd Kulesza <todd dropline net> wrote:

Hello,

[...]
> I agree that a progress indicator of some type should be
> super-imposed on the icon.  Perhaps instead of a bar over the icon,
> it could be a circular widget added as a file-emblem?  This would
> prevent the indicator from completely obscuring the icon, while
> still being in a place users expect to see "extra" file-related
> emblems pop-up.  The circle could start empty and gradually shade
> itself in clockwise as the file operation progresses.  Just a
> thought,

maybe we can do both and make it configurable for the user via gconf.
For the status-bar I want to show you a small project, named gnotify.
I is a framework for notifying and I think it could be used with a
little changing.
See yourself: http://gnotify.sf.net

mfg
Lars Strojny
P.S.: I will "implement" a few ideas with gimp.
--
"The existing liberties and the existing gratifications
 are tied to the requirements of repression:

name: Lars Strojny         web: strojny.net
street: Yorckstrasse 22    jabber: sinistra amessage de
city: D-71636 Ludwigsburg  mail: lars strojny net
f-print: 6663 1055 543E 3106 3FD3  4F40 AC74 CD1F C327 14BD
weblog: http://sinistra.is-a-geek.net/l_blog

--
"Ein unsichtbarer Bogen spannt sich hinüber zu den eingestanden
 repressiven Staatsmaschinerien, denn ob der Gedanke von einem