Re: odd icons displayed

On Sun, 2004-08-29 at 16:54, Takis Diakoumis wrote:
> Hi
>
> This was never a show stopper and clearly didn't generate much interest
> - but for anyone else having this problem, here is what i've found.
>
> i got it working again by placing the icon set i was using (my user)
> within /root/.icons also (i could have also put it under
> /usr/share/icons i guess). the icon set was one i downloaded and only
> installed for my user. as it wasn't available to root when i opened
> nautilus as root it would just default to those crappy icons. under 2.4
> it didn't matter what icons i was using as root's selected icons were
> used regardless. not so here. it appears to be trying to use the same
> set and when it couldn't find it - it would just dump anf give me those
> ugly grey sheets of paper (at least that what they looked like).

Yes, the icon theme used is an xsetting, propagated from gconf to the
display by gnome-settings-daemon, so its per-display, not per-user. And
the ugly icon is the nautilus compiled-in unable-to-find-right-icon
icon, so you won't find it on the filesystem.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a jaded overambitious dog-catcher from the Mississippi delta. She's a
violent gold-digging hooker with the power to bend men's minds. They fight
crime!