Re: Nautilus 2.5.6: Returning to Browser Mode

On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 19:49, Ryan McDougall wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 08:38 -0500, Dave Camp wrote:
> > There's no gconf key right now, you can right click on an icon and
> > choose "Browse Folder".
> >
> > -dave
> >

> Cheers! Thats all I needed to know (silly me for not finding it myself,
> but I just recently installed FC2 test1).
>
> Firstly let me state my ignorance of the whole "why spatial is good"
> debate, so forgive me if it has already been explained:
>
> I find that in my nautilus usage I tend to jump about to some fairly
> common directories pretty regularly. With the browser, I can type a path
> into the bar or click on an item in the tree view. But in spatial mode I
> have to rely solely on drilling through miles of spacial windows, or
> with symbolic links to my Desktop.

If you're used to typing the path anyway you could just use CTRL-L and
then type the path. The dialog got filename completion and everything.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a deeply religious devious rock star on a search for his missing sister.
She's a high-kicking wisecracking bounty hunter looking for love in all the
wrong places. They fight crime!