Re: Nautilus 2.5.6: Returning to Browser Mode

On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 08:38 -0500, Dave Camp wrote:
> There's no gconf key right now, you can right click on an icon and
> choose "Browse Folder".
>
> -dave

Cheers! Thats all I needed to know (silly me for not finding it myself,
but I just recently installed FC2 test1).

Firstly let me state my ignorance of the whole "why spatial is good"
debate, so forgive me if it has already been explained:

I find that in my nautilus usage I tend to jump about to some fairly
common directories pretty regularly. With the browser, I can type a path
into the bar or click on an item in the tree view. But in spatial mode I
have to rely solely on drilling through miles of spacial windows, or
with symbolic links to my Desktop.

How is spatial mode supposed to handle this use case to the satisfaction
of regular users? Making links everywhere for every used location, just
to avoid tedious double clicking, seems suboptimal. The places menu can
help to fix this situation, but I have yet to find a way to edit the
places menu.

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers,
Ryan