Re: Feature Request

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 11:46, Jens Ansorg wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 09:37 -0700, Patrick Kellaher wrote:
>
> > I log in with a user account but all my directories (home and nfs
> > shares) are very well organized and can get well past 8 levels deep.  I
> > can see the advantages with only having at most 2 or 3 directories deep
> > of a file structure, but that is unrealistic if you have lots of files
> > (at least for me that is true... with over 130,000 files in my home
> > directory alone, not including . files).
>
> Some people just can't get rid of old stuff ;)
> Go through those 130.000 files and delete every one that you did not
> touch in the last year

well about 83,000 of are in my download directory, which I do need to
clean out.  There are a lot of untar'd tarballs in there, yes I compile
most of my software.  I've got about 17,000 pictures in there (not
porn)... that brings the total to about 100,000... 30,000 in misc files
(not too bad).  Those are of course rough estimates done with ls -lR |
wc -l

--
Patrick Kellaher <kalmite cox net>