Re: Debian package icon

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 20:35 -0600, Jerry Haltom wrote:
> Sorry for not reading every single message on every one of the 60 ml's
> im subscribed to. My bad. :0
>
> On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 09:30, Ross Burton wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 14:44, Jerry Haltom wrote:
> > > This is very very confusing for new users.
[snip]

> > > I do think this is a big concern from a usability perspective.

I agree.

> > I love mime-type threads -- lets have a repeat of the old one, please!
> >
> > Yay!

Jerry, the gist of the thread is that this is currently the best way we
have to do it. Problems with sniffing conflicting with extensions are
caused by the new mime back end from freedesktop, and are bugs. Please
report them.

I think Ross could have been more constructive.

Cheers,
Ryan