Re: Gnome 2.6: What were you thinking?

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 08:04 -0700, Raul Acevedo wrote:
> Hi Andrew, I've read the article before.  I understand that the
> proponents of spatial mode claim that it's a very different model.
>
> That's fine.  I don't see what that has to do with what I said.
>
> What, exactly, is the difference between spatial and browser except:
>
> 1.  Spatial lacks toolbars/side panel, and has an extra button on the
>     lower left.
>
> 2.  Spatial opens up new windows for each folder, whose location and
>     size it remembers.

3.  Only one view of a folder can be open at a time.  Thus, if you open
    your home directory twice, you won't get two nautilus windows,
    you'll get a nautilus window at first and the second time the
    nautilus window will raise to the top.  For most folder icons,
    nautilus will "grey out" folders that are already opened.