Re: ftp and Nautilus

El lun, 17-05-2004 a las 14:20, -0700, Eugenia Loli-Queru escribió:
> >Fact is, the app cannot know that.  This is exactly why we're having
> >this discussion thread.
>
> So, here is the logic for less user bugging:
> -- If site allows reading, login as anonymous and show the site's contents
> without user dialogs
> -- If site doesn't allow reading, ask the user to enter his login details
> via the dialog
> -- if the user is logged in as anonymous and attempts to d-n-d some files in
> the ftp server, bring up the dialog and then re-login as eponymous user (but
> in a way that's transparent to the user, you don't throw the user back to
> the / or  /pub folders for example, you just carry out his/her d-n-d like
> nothing happened after he/she entered the login details)

What happens with the incoming directory? I think "normal" setups
activate it only as anonymous.

Also you have a problem with chroot ftp servers where you see different
contents depending on your login information, an anonymous ftp has a
different root than a logged user.

I'm not saying your proposal is worst than any other, it's just it has
problems we should also fix (like others proposals).

Cheers.