Re: ftp and Nautilus

This would be the best behavior if the anonymous user and the
authenticated user will log in to the same directory. However, this
might not be true. At my university the ftp server will take me to one
location if I login as anonymous (probably /var/ftp or something like
that). But when I authenticate I'll end up in my home directory
/home/s/snaggen.
It is impossible for the application to know my intentions before I have
made an explicit choice. And I would find it confusing if I want to do
ftp from my home directory and end up at the public ftp-site.
So the whole re-authenticate scheme will not work in scenarios like
this, since the non-authenticated and authenticated case have completely
different semantics.

I think that the best way would be to let the user fill in the
credentials at the connect to server dialog.

//Snaggen