Re: ftp and Nautilus

> I totally agree with you here. The main problem with placing password in
> uris is that it is really insecure. Everyone looking at your ftp window
> will know your password.

Dunno if that refers to my suggestion of using username ftphost when
someone wants to login on a ftp site providing both anonymous and non
anonymous logins.
What I meant was:
* log in as anonymous by default
* if it doesn't work, pop up an auth dialog
* if someone is logged as anonymous and wants to log as someone else,
he'd use username ftphost (without a password part), which would pop up
an auth dialog.

Christophe