Re: ftp and Nautilus

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 03:43:28PM -0500, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) wrote:
> El lun, 17-05-2004 a las 14:45, Thorsten Wilms escribió:
> >
> > It doesn't make clear the alternative is anonymous login.
> > It feels like asking the user if the server requires username/password.
> > But the app should know that ...
>
> Fact is, the app cannot know that.  This is exactly why we're having
> this discussion thread.

Don't tell me there's no possibility to determine if the server
allows anonymous login. Even if you can't know in advance (I'm
not familiar with the protocol), you could still just login in
background to check this.
So the app can at least get to know if server allows anonymous
(and might also allow non-anon) or if there can only be login
with username/password.

My other crits still stand anyway.

---
Thorsten Wilms