Re: feature request and patch

> I have recently switched from KDE to Gnome, and found myself missing a
> particular feature.
>
> In KDE you can use the Mouse Wheel on the desktop to switch
> workspaces. I found this extraordinarily convenient.

Hmm, sounds good. But I wonder about the behavior, when a window is
focused, which is the case most of the time. As I understand it, it only
works when you are on an empty desktop, of at least the cursor is above
the background. I think it would be worth looking into implementing
something alike in MetaCity and thus being able to switch workspaces,
even when a window is focused and the desktop is covered.
Not totally sure, how it should work, but maybe switching when you use
the mouse wheel above a titlebar.

Just my thought...

David

Otto von Bismarck once remarked: ŽA fool learns from his experience. A
wise person learns from the experience of others.¡ If so, how to define
President George W. Bush, who is not even able to learn from his own
experience?