Re: ftp and Nautilus

El lun, 17-05-2004 a las 18:37, Eugenia Loli-Queru escribió:
> >What happens with the incoming directory? I think "normal" setups activate
> it only as anonymous.
>
> The default mount is as anonymous, so I don't see this to be a problem.
>
> >Also you have a problem with chroot ftp servers where you see different
> contents depending
> >on your login information, an anonymous ftp has a different root than a
> logged user.
>
> In that case, when Nautilus is re-logging in as eponymous it should check if
> it can access that anonymous folder.

That doesn't work.  With most FTP servers, logging in as anonymous lets
you in on the / directory, and logging in eponymously lets you in on the
/ directory as well.  But an ls -la would show entirely different
contents, simply because the / directory for anon users is completely
different to that of an eponymous user.

I insist.  GNOME *has* to ask the user whether to log in anonymously or
with a user/pw combo, and it also *has* to determine whether logging in
anonymously is a valid operation for the requested connection.

--
	Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)
	GPG key ID: 0xC1033CAD at keyserver.net