Re: nautilus does not start anymore after trying to connect to smb

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 21:56 +0100, Fabian Sturm wrote:
> Hi!

> > > Can you run gconf-editor and remove the share you tried to connect to
> > > from /desktop/gnome/connected_servers ?
> >
> > Hmm I do not have a /desktop/gnome/connected_servers ??
> > A grep and find in the .gconf directory also did not produce any
> > results.
> >
> > Maybe the key or directory name is different?
>
> since I am the only person using this computer it did not  occur to me
> that nautilus might have stopped to run for other users too.
> and indeed nautilus also does not work for other user.
>
> After I found this out I reinstalled nautilus, but it still hangs the
> same.
>
> Are there any global configuration / lock files for nautilus I might
> have to remove?

Not really. Alhough it does read (via gnome-vfs) some system-wide config
files like /etc/fstab that can at times cause problems.

The best way to debug this is to run nautilus under gdb and get a
stacktrace of where it hangs.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an unconventional Catholic shaman whom everyone believes is mad. She's a
mentally unstable winged safe cracker from aristocratic European stock. They
fight crime!