Re: nautilus does not start anymore after trying to connect to smb

Hi!

I debugged my nautilus problem a little bit further and now I am sure
the problem is within libeel. But unfortunately I don't understand what
it actually does.

In eel/eel-self-checks.c we have eel_before_check_function and
eel_after_check_function. I modified eel_after_check_function to also
print a string (finished) when it is called and if I start nautilus -c I
get:

running nautilus_self_check_search_uri
finished
running nautilus_self_check_file_utilities
finished
running nautilus_self_check_file_operations
finished
running nautilus_self_check_directory

So that means there is definitively something going wrong during the
nautilus_self_check_directory.
But unfortunately I can't figure out what code is executed for this.
The macro calling eel_before_check_function and eel_after_check_function
looks like this:

#define EEL_CALL_SELF_CHECK_FUNCTION(function) \
        eel_before_check_function (#function); \
        function (); \
        eel_after_check_function ();

#endif /* EEL_SELF_CHECKS_H */

And here I am puzzled #function seems to be
nautilus_self_check_directory but what is called for function()????

If I new this I think I could debug a little bit further.

Thanks a lot, Fabian