Re: configure owner field in list view

At 5:33 PM +0200 4/11/07, Alexander Larsson wrote:
On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 15:18 +0200, Francesco Fumanti wrote:
 Hello,

 The owner field in the list view shows the simultaneously the login
 name and the full name of the owner of the corresponding file/folder
 in the list.

 Could anybody please tell me whether there is a way to make the owner
 field only show the login name? (For example by editing a gconf key?)

 In fact, I find that showing simultaneously the login name and the
 full name is a unnecessary waste of screen space.

I don't believe this is currently possible. However, can't you just
resize the column so that it only fits to show the login name?

Yes, I can resize it, but each time that I open a new window, the owner column gets expanded again to see login name and the full name. (It is not the case as long as I open folders in the current window.)

Maybe making nautilus give the columns of a new window the same width of the last closed window could be another solution. However, introducing an option to choose the format of the owner column (option 1: login name; option 2: full name; option 3: login name and full name) would be more straightforward.

Thanks for your reply.

Francesco