Re: Nautilus splitted-view

On 11/02/2008, Cody Russell <bratsche gnome org> wrote:
> > Anyway, all the best, and keep up the good work.
>
> I just took a quick look at the screenshot, and my first impression is
> that of confusion.  I see the Location entry indicating that the current
> directory is "/", but on either side of the pane I see two different
> directories and there is no apparent indication about which one is
> actually "/", and what the other one is.

Probably because there should be two location entry.

> Can you explain the purpose of this feature in a little more detail,
> because I don't understand yet how it is useful.  So far it just seems
> potentially confusing, at least to me.

I too think that this feature is very useful, at least for me. I've
always used Gnome,
but this feature, along with the "[copy|move] to" in the nautilus
right-menu, is the one
that I miss most.

Personally I find it useful for two reason:
1 - It is easier to move a file from one place to another
2 - It is easier two compare the content of two directory (e.g. a
directory backup that I placed on a cd and the original directory).

Obviously that's only my opinion.

Salvo