Re: Nautilus splitted-view

On Feb 13, 2008 12:53 AM, Salvatore Benedetto <emitrax gmail com> wrote:
> Personally I find it useful for two reason:
> 1 - It is easier to move a file from one place to another
> 2 - It is easier two compare the content of two directory (e.g. a
> directory backup that I placed on a cd and the original directory).

How is this any different from having two nautilus windows open side by side?

Basically, you already said there would be two location bars. There
would also need to be two navigation toolbars (up, back, home etc) or
you would need to introduce a concept of "active" and "passive" side
view in order to use a common toolbar for both.. So you basically
would end up with two separate nautilus windows embedded into one
"master"window.

How is this any different from having two nautilus windows open side by side?

//Tuomas