Re: Nautilus splitted-view

Le mercredi 13 février 2008 à 01:14 +0200, Tuomas Kuosmanen a écrit :
> On Feb 13, 2008 12:53 AM, Salvatore Benedetto <emitrax gmail com> wrote:
> > Personally I find it useful for two reason:
> > 1 - It is easier to move a file from one place to another
> > 2 - It is easier two compare the content of two directory (e.g. a
> > directory backup that I placed on a cd and the original directory).
>
> How is this any different from having two nautilus windows open side by side?
>
> Basically, you already said there would be two location bars. There
> would also need to be two navigation toolbars (up, back, home etc) or
> you would need to introduce a concept of "active" and "passive" side
> view in order to use a common toolbar for both.. So you basically
> would end up with two separate nautilus windows embedded into one
> "master"window.
>
> How is this any different from having two nautilus windows open side by side?

The difference is that you don't have to care about window
placement/management, just the position of the separation between the
views.

I agree this might not seem very useful for the general purpose
nautilus. At work I had to think about how to handle file-management
with 2 views that would occupy all the space of a virtual desktop and it
would have been neat to have this mode for nautilus.

--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <gilles dartiguelongue esiee org>