Re: Nautilus Search

On Feb 17, 2008 1:26 PM, Jarlath Reidy <jarlathreidy gmail com> wrote:
> I'm finding that the search function in nautilus is not like I would expect.
>
> I have a directory structure as follows:

> Let's say I have over 1000 albums in total, that means that I have
> over 1000 cover.jpg files in their respective folders. Typing
> 'cover.jpg' into the search box in nautilus shows up some of the
> files, but only 61 of them!
>
> I doubt such a pedestrian feature has not had this bug exposed already
> so I'm assuming there might be something wrong with my setup. I'm
> using Ubuntu 7.10. Can anyone advise me?
>
> Thanks,
> Jarlath

I've found the problem, it seems to be a bug specific to Ubuntu this
time due to a problem with Tracker. A quote from the forums:

    * Tracker was broken on gutsy (known bugs) which was incredibly
annoying because nautilus did not default to the old gnome search
tool.

>From this thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=671907&highlight=nautilus+search

Regards,