RE: Packages

Title: RE: Packages

De: nautilus-list-bounces gnome org en nombre de Emmanuele Bassi
Enviado el: mar 19/02/2008 15:48
Para: nautilus-list gnome org
Asunto: RE: Packages

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 14:17 +0100, PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE wrote:

>> >Nautilus also does it.
> For example Ubuntu has it configured by default. When you double-click
> on a file without handler associated it proposes a package to install.

> Oh, that is good.

> I think because Ubuntu and Linux Mint (based on Ubuntu ) are
> user-friendly and GUI  distros.

> But in Main Debian, it is not managed that way. And I would like it
> would be.

>then you should open a bug against Debian inside its BTS. as I said,
nautilus already does what it's supposed to do. the rest is really up to
the distribution and the package manager applications.

You are right. Because I am newbie, can you help with the content ?. Which is the name of the Ubuntu tool when you double-click
on a file without handler associated it proposes a package to install ?.

Thanks in advance .

Pedro.