RE: Packages

Title: RE: Packages
De: Josselin Mouette
Enviado el: mar 19/02/2008 19:50
Para: PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE
CC: Tomasz Sterna; nautilus-list gnome org
Asunto: RE: Packages

>Are you kidding? I have already explained in this discussion that this
is handled in the “Open with” dialog.
So, if I have to type, I cannot communicate to the Debian bug. I want a solution without user´s action.

In any case, I have seen the freedesktop.org standards and only appears the mime type for all the free desktops, no how to use a handler for the different file types.

I remember there was a package (in Gnome?) to indicate default actions (i.e. open a web-browser and the command to use). This automatical action is what I want, to include in Debian. So just installed Debian can manage this *.deb package without the user has to type anything (only answer to : do you want to execute this file ? Yes / No or something similar).

In any case, I thought Ubuntu used a different solution (automatization) instead of request to the user to type anything .

Regards.

Pedro.