Re: Some weirdness in x-content stuff

Il giorno gio, 28/02/2008 alle 16.21 -0500, David Zeuthen ha scritto:
> On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 21:50 +0100, Luca Ferretti wrote:

> > > I think you have to run update-desktop-database or something. Does that
> > > work? And yes, we're able to list multiple applications!
> >
> > True, but currently you have to run it by hand :-(
> >
> > I think we have to add some Makefile.am rules...
>
> Probably. But that's a brasero issue right?

No, unfortunately this is an issue in all projects including x-content
in .desktop file.

I checked Makefile.am files for nautilus, nautilus-cd-burner, rhythmbox,
sound-juicer and totem: no rules to run `update-desktop-database`

In my jhbuild sandbox some was enabled 'cause compiled before vinagre
that provides this:

UPDATE_DESKTOP = \
        if [ -f $(DESTDIR)$(datadir)/applications/defaults.list ] ; then \
                if which update-desktop-database>/dev/null 2>&1 ; then \
                        update-desktop-database; \
                fi \
        fi

install-data-hook:
        $(UPDATE_DESKTOP)

uninstall-hook:
        $(UPDATE_DESKTOP)

PS I think should be added to any .desktop file with MimeType key.
PPS no application for photos? neither EoG, nor F-Spot?