Re: DV Video vs dv extension

B. Bogart píše v Pá 25. 04. 2008 v 18:57 +0200:
> Raw dv, no encapsulation, captured by cinerlerra from DV camera.
>
> file reports:
>
> vector.dv: DIF (DV) movie file (NTSC)
>
> Perhaps .dif is the expected extension?

Hm, man dvgrab says:

   dif is a variation of raw DV that names  files  with  a  .dif
   extension  so  they can be more immediately loaded into Main‐
   Concept MainActor5.

I wonder where does the "dv document" string come from. Any idea?

/usr/share/mime-info/gnome-vfs.keys describes mime type "video/dv"
as "DV video". Maybe someone could shed some light on filetype sniffing
in nautilus?

Vit