Re: updated_deep_count_in_progress can not get file size

Dear Gaolong,

El lun, 05-05-2008 a las 11:36 +0800, Gaolong escribió:
> Hi,all. I was trying to use updated_deep_count_in_progress signal to
> asynchronously get disk space used by a directory.  I refered to
> fm-properties-window.c. But there seems a bug in it. I found that if a
> big directory is being updated by updated_deep_count_in_progress
> signal, any other request to nautilus_file_get_deep_counts function
> will return file size with 0. (...)

This was a design decision.

Deep counting directories is a disk intensive operation. We just allow
one at a time, and process multiple deep count operations subsequently.

Maybe you could elaborate a bit in what context you want to use this
function?

best regards,
 Christian Neumair

--