Re: Simplified Nautilus (with less chrome)

On Sun, 2010-01-24 at 22:24 +0530, Vishnoo wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-01-22 at 10:47 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> sidebar

> > > That and the status bar isn't 100% width anymore.
> >
> > This was an intentional change from my side. The reasoning is that
> the
> > status corresponds to the view, so should be near it. Also, its not
> > generally very long so we're wasting space that could be used in the
> > sidebar.
> >
> > Obviously this is something that could be changed back if we want
> to.
>
> You could move the "Free space" to the sidebar , while keeping the
> folder info below the view.
> http://imagebin.ca/view/E78cg6gH.html

This doesn't make much sense to me. What does free space have to do with
the sidebar. The free space is only shown when there is no other status
message to report, i don't think its important enough to get its own
full time widget in the ui.

> Or be more specific of the location the free space refers to with an
> arrow.[not sure if this is possible]
> Also , since several are mentioning about the zoom cluttering the
> toolbar , you could move the zoom to the statusbar [as several
> programs
> already use this location for the zoom]
>
> Mockup > http://imagebin.ca/view/HG6_jn.html

Yes, several apps do this and its a pretty good way to use the right
hand side of the statusbar. It would also give easy access to the zoom
in spatial mode which some people might like.

       alexl redhat com            alexander larsson gmail com
He's a witless Jewish paramedic looking for 'the Big One.' She's a foxy
French-Canadian femme fatale fleeing from a Satanic cult. They fight crime!