Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] audiocd view in (net)rhythmbox

Il lun, 2003-05-05 alle 21:24, Colin Walters ha scritto:
> On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 13:01, MArk Finlay wrote:

> So, what does everyone else think?  Jorn?  Do you want to go for the one
> on the bottom left too?

About search.

Well, if search feature works only in Library mode/source/view, then
search widgets should appear in a Library only area (Source view area).

Then we can choose if place it top or bottom, right or left.
 _______________________________
|                               |
| Play area                     |
|-------------------------------|
|Source | Source view           |
|select |                       |
|       |                       |
|       |                       |
|       |                       |
|       |          Search [    ]|
|_______|_______________________|

See glade attach for more details.

About toolbar.

HIG says: "A toolbar is a strip of controls that allows convenient
access to commonly-used functions."

So we could use a gtk-style one.

But I don't like this solution, IMHO a totem-like (or iTunes like using
GtkButtons) approach can suggest to user a better match between
application and real world (real music players have buttons). BTW: this
is an HIG principle.

About source selector

Just a suggestion. We have pango markup: use them!

I mean: are there any reason to keep source selector labels at the same
size of other widgets?

See glade attach
--
Think bigger