Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] suggestions for development.

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 13:36, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> And we all know that the correct way to fix this is to set the artist tag
> in the music file to "Beatles, The" anyway.

MusicBrainz has two tags for the artist name, display name and sort
name, or "The Beatles" and "Beatles, The".  Vorbis doesn't seem to
provide separate sorting keys for titles, but ID3 defines "TSOT" which
is the "title sort order" and TSOP which is "performer sort order".

So I'd say instead of inventing bad solutions to the problem, these keys
should be set (someone should file a bug and I'll get Sound Juicer to
write them when I get back from my honeymoon) in the relevant files, and
Rhythmbox should use them if they are found.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./