Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox Applet 0.1.0 Released

On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 21:40 -0500, Paul Kuliniewicz wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 10:11:52PM -0400, Jon Oberheide wrote:
> >
> > Hate to reply to my own email but...
> >
> > When building the applet, it can't find Bonobo.idl or
> > Bonobo_Property.idl when running orbit-idl-2.  My Bonobo.idl is located
> > at /usr/share/idl/bonobo-2.0/Bonobo.idl.
> >
> > Add these to your configure.ac:
> > LIBBONOBO_IDLDIR="`$PKG_CONFIG libbonobo-2.0 --variable=idldir`"
> > AC_SUBST(LIBBONOBO_IDLDIR)
> > BONOBO_ACTIVATION_IDLDIR="`$PKG_CONFIG bonobo-activation-2.0 --
> > variable=idldir`"
> > AC_SUBST(BONOBO_ACTIVATION_IDLDIR)
> >
> > and this to your ORBIT_IDL line in Makefile.am:
> > -I$(LIBBONOBO_IDLDIR) -I$(BONOBO_ACTIVATION_IDLDIR)
>
> Interesting.  On Debian, the bonobo package provides
> /usr/share/idl/Bonobo.idl, and the libbonobo2-common package provides
> /usr/share/idl/bonobo-2.0/Bonobo.idl, and the two files seem to be
> slightly different.  I hadn't realized that the files Rhythmbox.idl
> #includes could be in a different directory.
>
> Anyway, here's a patch which ought to fix the problem.  It should be
> equivalent to yours, except that I make a single ORBIT_INCLUDES variable
> to contain the two -I directories.  (Wasn't the goal of pkg-config that
> we wouldn't have to build these sorts of include paths ourselves?)  If
> you could confirm that this patch solves the problem, I'll release a
> version 0.1.2 with it.

Worked just fine after patching and an autogen.  Sorry I was too lazy to
whip up a patch myself. :)  FYI, those file locations of mine are
default on my gentoo box.

The gaim-rhythmbox applet I'm developing is my first experience with
autotools so it's been a little hectic.  It's nice to see that our
configure.ac/Makefile.am/bonobo is rather similar so I didn't do
anything too wacky/wrong.

Regards,
Jon Oberheide

--