Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox Applet 0.1.0 Released

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 11:05:09PM -0400, Jon Oberheide wrote:

> Worked just fine after patching and an autogen.  Sorry I was too lazy to
> whip up a patch myself. :)  FYI, those file locations of mine are
> default on my gentoo box.

Excellent.  Rhythmbox Applet 0.1.2 is now up at
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~kuliniew/rhythmbox-applet/, and there's a
decent chance this release will actually compile on systems that aren't
mine.

> The gaim-rhythmbox applet I'm developing is my first experience with
> autotools so it's been a little hectic.  It's nice to see that our
> configure.ac/Makefile.am/bonobo is rather similar so I didn't do
> anything too wacky/wrong.

The autotools aren't *too* bad once you get the hang of them, and if
you're not trying to do anything *too* tricky it's fairly
straightforward.  It's very helpful to find a program that knows how to
use autotools well and use that as an example.  After all, most of the
orbit-idl-2 handling I do is adapted from one of the Makefile.am files
in Rhythmbox. <g>